Today we went to the park with our good friends! Luke had a great time & did very well missing his normal morning nap time.
We did some walking, swinging, and sliding! When it was time for our "picnic style lunch", Luke did not eat so well. Yesterday he ate like I have never scene him eat before.
He started giving us the sign for milk when he is thirsty for some milk. We were so happy and Luke was too! He gave his dad a big old smile when he was doing it for the first time! It is such a relief to us that he is communicating to us this way. I was a bit hesitant to do baby sign language at first, because I really wanted to focus on vocalizing his needs and wants...well he...err...we got pretty good at figuring out his grunts and giving him what he wanted...I still pray that he will pick up some words soon...
I am so thankful for my friend Debbie and her beautiful family...It is so nice to have someone to talk to and who can relate to all aspects of adoption...
Those are two handsome boys!!!
ReplyDelete