Luke has been doing well at the nursery at church, so I figured I would give it a shot.
When we walked in, it was like he knew something was going on. He got fussy and made sure I was by his side. I stayed by his side and played with him for a while. I started to get teary eyed...I couldn't believe I was doing this to him!!! I HATE MOMMY GUILT!!! I wanted to leave and promise him that I would never work out again until he was 18 years old!
But I did not...Tearfully I went on to work out...
Let me say that the people at the YMCA are among the nicest and most understanding I have ever met. Not only did they grab a special person to play just with Luke and keep him company the whole time, but they also came out and found me on the aerobics floor every five minutes to give me updates on him.
After my work out (which was AWESOME!), Luke and I took a dip in the pool. He is such a little fish and loves swimming, so he had a great time!
Anyway, Today we were leaving the gym and a man was doing lunges around the track. We were behind him as we were leaving, and Luke started doing lunges too all the way out the door! Everyone was cracking up on the aerobic equipment! It was just so funny seeing a little guy to lunges...My legs hurt after doing a few...but my little limber one will be fine!
oh my Gosh---good for you for going ahead w/ your work out! I am soooo impressed w/ the YMCA staff for how they handle it! My ymca staff (not "my' staff, but where I work out also!) are great w/ the kids but I dont now that they would do what yours did (ie the 5 minute updates) and I would LOVE to have seen your cute little boy doing lunges----cracking me up at the thought! I am having a boring 'sick day at home" w/ a 5 yr old so....feeling blah and his lunges cheered me up! Thanks! what a cutie! I will probably picture him lunging every time I am at the gym!!! :)
ReplyDeleteNancy (on holt forum)