Monday, September 6, 2010

Friendship/Labor Day Weekend

What a jam packed weekend and loaded with lots of friends and fun!

On Friday we had some friends over and watched Luke's good friend Keller, while his Mommy and Daddy did some work. 5 kids + a backyard full of toys = good times had by all! Plus, Luke finally got to meet his future wife Ruth (We kinda betrothed him). Ruth has been home just over a week. She came to meet her forever family from Ethiopia last Saturday. Isn't she beautiful! I was fortunate enough to join everyone at the airport to celebrate her Family Day. Here are a few pics.



Good times in the back yard!





Jason worked from home that day so after the other kids left, we took Luke and Keller to McDonalds for a nutritious delicious lunch. They were hilarious in the car together. Whatever Keller said Luke said too!


We also watched our neighbors dog this weekend. Maggie did great with the added house guest!


Luke has been repeating everything we have been saying lately and has really had a vocabulary explosion lately. Today when we were reading some books I asked him to name what I was pointing at and he got almost everyone right! He has a ton of new words and I am willing to be that we are close to putting two word sentences together really soon! Also he has been going "pee-pee" on his own frequently throughout the day. He just drops his pants and pulls off his diaper and sits on his little potty and goes! It is not consistent, but he really has taken ownership of his potty time!

Tomorrow is Luke's first day of pre-school!
This could go one of two ways...we totally could use your prayers!
I promise to up load pictures and post more tomorrow regarding the day!
Many blessing and I hope everyone had a safe long weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment