Thursday, February 24, 2011

Legals & I-600...out the door they go!

Sorry for not updating sooner, but we are slowly dragging ourselves out of the pits of sickness that has consumed us lately. So here is a run down of what the above means for getting Leah home!
(for those of you that don't know what either of these two things are, here is a little definition)

Legals: Legal documents from Korea (written in both English and Korean!), that certifies that the current guardianship of the child is our adoption agency in Korea. In the documents is also a consent to adopt/family relations certificate from the birth parents (basically their relinquishment's). For those of you that are in the adoption process, did you know that their is an "international paper size"? Did you ever wonder why you couldn't match the size of paper when you went to photo copy them? I did...now I know! Receiving the "legals" is kinda bitter sweet really. You look at these pieces of paper, that do look "legal", and on the surface you see words like relinquishment, consent to adopt, etc, but you also put your hands on a piece of paper that has changed so many lives :(

Now that we have our "Legals" we were able to file for her I-600.

I-600: An I-600 is our petition to the US Customs and Immigration department to classify her as an immediate relative. Basically asking if she can come into the United States. Once this is approved it is basically her Visa into the United States.



We have begun decorating her room and that has been alot of fun! Were going with ladybug's and dragonfly's! Pink....lots of Pink! :)

Here is a picture of Luke opening an early birthday present!
Thank you R& P and the boys!
My camera was a little over exposed...so this was the best shot we got!




(I can not believe he is turning 3 years old next week. This mommy is kinda sad that her baby is growing up)

This past week Luke ran a fever for three solid days. Often and on, and the highest it got was 102.5. I don't like it when he is sick, but I will say this. He is sooooo cuddly! We spent alot of time just hanging out and watching television!

4 comments:

  1. Exciting news Kelly, you guys are that much closer. Sorry Luke has been sick - hope he is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Party for the great send off!! Congrats Kelly, that's a major check off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are moving along for your DAUGHTER! And glad Luke is feeling better so he can celebrate his birthday next week...wow, I can't believe he will be 3 either, seems like just yesterday I brought him home...Can't wait to see you guys next month??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! This felt like such a turning point for me. You are right behind us. Let's go to Korea!!

    ReplyDelete