Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yoke up Kelly...it's spring time!!!

The pity party is over! I looked back at my post (a few posts ago) and realized what a whiner I was being!
Sunday was May first, and today it feels like spring has finally sprung!
In fact, we got around to finally planting some plants.


On Sunday we heard a great sermon centered around stressed. I acknowledge that I am not stressed, but I am carrying a burden of worry (yes their is a difference in my opinion) regarding the wait for Leah.
During the wait for Luke I think my mantra was the following:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
Proverbs 3:5
(umm seriously, I think I recited it every night before bed time, and multiple times throughout the day)

The problem this time around, as I saw it, was that I had my own understanding of what this process was going to be like again with Leah.
And when things were not happening as fast as I wanted them to, or I was not getting the answers I wanted, I didn't know where to turn to.
(notice the common I theme here)
I trusted the Lord with everything while we were waiting for Luke.
Yes their was hard times during the wait, but I gave it to Him.
This time, I felt I could handle it.
WRONG!

So on Sunday, the answer was clear:
It was like God said: Yoke up with me Kelly!!!
29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Matthew 11:29-30 



(note to self: never leave the camera unattended.
Yes Luke really did take this!)


Part of the finished product!



1 comment:

  1. Now those are some words of great wisdom. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete