Before we left for Korea many people asked us or expressed concern about Luke going with us.
Everyone had legitimate questions and concerns about us doing that.
Now that we are home I can honestly, while it was difficult (and sometimes I thought I was going to lose my mind), it was sooo worth it.
To have Luke there from the beginning and see and experience what was happening, was something that we will never regret.
While the past few weeks have been very difficult on him, in an odd way he has also grown in confidence.
Don't get me wrong, we are all still learning and adjusting here.
Sleeping and Eating routines have been a bit of a challenge.
I am finding myself stretched in ways that I never were thought humanly possible.
But I am so thankful for the opportunity to parent two beautiful children from Korea.
I'm loving every minute of it.
We took Leah to the doctor today and I am so glad we did!
Poor little girl has a massive double ear infection.
I still can not believe how well she is doing in spite of being sick and the huge change she just had in her life.
Its just so different.
I know that she is in no way securely attached to us yet, but she seams to be at such ease with us, its kinda mind blowing.
I co-sleep on the floor with her in her room and she is very comfortable with that.
She reaches for me occasionally through the night (her foster mother advised she was a light sleeper) and is content with a pat on the back or a closer snuggle.
She calls me "umma" now and Luke "oppa".
Her foster mother played piano and frequently they would play together for fun, of course I am all about it too!
I feel like were honeymooning.
We are still getting to know each other and how this is all going to work out.
I know she knows I am mom, but she hasn't made up her mind if she loves me yet.
And that is totally fine!
Love is patient, isn't it?
Pray for us...
tomorrow I fly solo...
honeymoons don't last forever!
honeymoons don't last forever!

Love this post! :)
ReplyDeletelooks like she is doing fabulously!!!
ReplyDeleteShe sounds like she is doing wonderfully! Enjoy every minute. It honestly just gets better and better as you watch your kids get even closer to each other:)
ReplyDeleteI think it was a great thing you did by taking Luke to Korea with you. You will see this more especially as Luke gets older. He may beam with pride as he remembers that he got to go pick up his sister. What a connection your kids have! So very precious and sacred! I love your family and I hope I can meet Leah soon:)
Good luck today. I hope that Leah continues to have an easy transition.
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you guys and glad the transition is going well. Kids see with thier hearts and I have no doubt that Leah, on some level, instictively knows she is very loved by her new family! We can't wait to meet her and catch up!
ReplyDeleteCarrie G.