Friday, December 16, 2011

This exact moment...Three years ago today...


is when everything made sense...
Three years ago yesterday was so incredibly exciting.
Three years ago tomorrow was so incredibly heartbreaking.

But this day and this exact moment is one that I will never forget.
It was the day that I first held my son.
These past three years have been the toughest and best years of my life.
Luke means everything to me. To Jason. And to so many other people.
When I say I love him...
really people...
I.Love.Him!
We have a bond that I know can never-ever be broken.

He is starting to "get it", but only a little.
He knows he was adopted as we talk about it all the time, and how happy we were chosen to be his parents...
But I think its just now starting to click a little bit.
Every time we watch this video, he gets a little emotional...
(seriously, I do too)
So we limit it...even though he has been requesting to "watch baby Luke's video" often lately.

So today we celebrated Luke's anniversary!

I made a cake (and for those of you who know me well, know that this is not something that is normally in my realm of capabilities)...

And had some of Luke's favorite people come over!




oh and guess what showed up in my mailbox today!

If you are interested in one...please check out my friends blog here!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet video! I could just sense your joy, Kelly! The cake is awesome! Great job. Happy anniversary, Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. The video brought tears to my eyes. December 16th is a day we will never forget either. We got our referral phone call on that day 1 year ago. Congrats on another family day celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Kelly for posting the ornament and link! So sweet! Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and congrats on your adorable family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Family Day Luke! Looks like it was an awesome anniversary date!

    ReplyDelete