One year ago we welcomed our son to his forever family. He made the journey from South Korea to San Fransisco to Denver to Omaha, NE. Then several hours later a car ride to Kansas City, Missouri.
First I need to thank God, and the amazing strength I found in Him during our struggles with infertility, the wait for a referral, the wait to bring him home, and the wait to finalize. God, I thank You everyday for giving me the opportunity to parent Your child.
Second I need to thank the people at Holt USA and Holt Korea. A lot of people made a lot of sacrifices to bring Luke to us, and it truly is a blessing. For them, I will ever be thankful. Holt, I thank you everyday for giving Luke a place to call home, NOT for bring us a child (although we are pretty darn grateful for that too!)
Adoption has taught us so many things. The losses involved; the priority and importance for protecting the rights of families, birth mothers, and children; and the gains involved. I feel like I could write a book on what I have learned from this journey…
We are the proud parents of the happiest, loving, most entertaining, great sleeping (okay sorta), and healthiest (knock on wood) son on the planet.
He is truly the light of our eyes and the center of our world....
We joke...it's Luke's house...we just live in it...
Tonight, my family threw a little party for Luke to celebrate his one year home with us. We kept it small with immediate family only and had a great time.
Uncle Bill brought Korean key chains for everyone as a party favor...and Aunt Aimee and Uncle Mark sent a very special present...An offical Korean Baseball team hat!!!
So one year ago today, our son arrived to his forever family. A family that not only includes a mom and a dad, but Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, Cousins, and other extended members of our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment