It has only been over two weeks since the first phone call and the verbal YES from us.
Less than one week since we sent in our paperwork saying YES.
We have a looooooong way to go...Keep in mind...(I will say this a billion times till I am blue in the face)...
THINGS CHANGE! Finances, Household Dynamics, Luke....etc.
At any minute God could say "nope, not for you" or "not right now".
...In His hands not mine...
Here is what needs to happen:
1. References need to come back (all with glowing reviews of course! ;) )
2. More paperwork.
3. A Home Study (for those not familiar with adoption-it is basically a document written up by a social worker who evaluates your home, family dynamics, finances, etc.)
4. Government Finger Printing and approval via the United States Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS).
5. The home study needs to be sent to Korea for approval.
6. The real waiting begins for a referral. (the glorious day that you receive a phone call from someone stating you have been matched with a beautiful baby boy/girl).
I will blog more about what comes next after step 6 later....just trying to get past step one right now!
...tick toc...tic toc....
So for now we just wait!
Feel free to follow along, however I really want to get back to posting pictures of Luke. After all he is the star of the show! RIGHT!?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment