Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New Photos of Leah-Updated w/ Prayer Request

I want to type so much more right now, but I can't stop crying!
(whew! now I can type!)
Someone is 22 lbs and 29.6 inches tall!
Pretty big stuff for a 10.5 month old!




Prayer Request:

As many of you know when we adopted Luke he was escorted here to the U.S.A.
I am sooo thankful that we were able to escort and even though many debate the theory of travel vs. escorting your child here, I feel pretty darn strongly about our circumstances and Luke's in the decision that we made.

With Leah, we do not have that option, and to be honest, even if we did, I am pretty sure that travel would be our first choice.
It is (from what I hear and have read) an amazing experience.
Among the biggest are meeting your child's foster family (those that have cared for her and loved her and basically the only family she knows for the past year of her life), experiencing the culture of their own birth country, and it is truly one less loss they will experience in their lives.

When we initially started this process, it was understood and agreed upon that Jason would travel.
Emotionally we did not (and still do not) think Luke could handle being away from me for 5 days (and honestly vice versa).
Financially-well plane tickets are expensive to Korea.

Well...
(please note this is not to make anyone feel bad who has made the decision to escort. TRUST ME. I have been in your shoes and I full understand the importance of doing what is best for YOUR family and YOUR child.)
Fast forward to today (really this weekend), it has been laid upon our hearts that we go as a family to Korea.
It is very important to both of us that we do this as a family.
I mentally can not imagine NOT being there for my daughter from day one.
Luke has to come with us.
1. Their is no way, I would ever leave him for that long.
2. It's part of his story too.

So I ask anyone who reads this blog to pray for one thing.
That God's will is done with this situation.

If we can afford a way to make it happen that it will.
If, it can not happen that somehow Leah will have a peaceful transition and that God is with her and Jason on their journey.

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! She has changed so much. I can only tell you from our experience that we have had a wonderulf time in seoul as a family. During our first visit the other day, NEylan was so curious about Grayson. We feel it will only help both kids to be going through this process together. We will see how things go over the next two days as we pick up and travel home, but right now I would say it has been worth every penny and extra bit of effort. This is a story we will tell for many years to come. Wll be praying about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you got some new pictures. Praying that you all can travel together. It has been decided that I will travel to South Korea. I can't wait. I hope we all get to travel together. GOD BLESS! Christina

    ReplyDelete