Okay so you know this day has been on my heart for ummm a long time...
to add up the time, it would be about a year...
After Monday's meeting and then meet the teacher night Monday night,
I felt pretty confident that Luke was comfortable changing schools.
All though he was adamant about NOT riding the school bus, which I was fine with (not ready to put him on the bus yet).
He was very excited this morning and showed NO signs of anxiety at all.
In fact, he took off running into the school!
Put his backpack away and immediately started playing with his new friends!
I said, "Luke mommy's got to go. give mommy a kiss."
Luke gives me a kiss and says
"bye mommy! love you! pick me up!"
and that was it!
no tears..from either of us!
Lets just say mommy had a nice morning filled with awesome Leah news (which I will share tomorrow!), cleaning, paying bills, and dancing in my kitchen to a variety of music!
so I go and pick him up and he comes running out the door
gives me a big old hug!
and says...
"wheres the bus at?"
(ummm...I thought we discussed this?)
He really wanted to ride the bus home!!!
I told him we could try it next week.
(I'm still not gonna let him go to school on the bus)
(((again, i fully admit i am co-dependent)))
So, I promised Luke we would go feed the ducks after school.
It worked out well, cause our friends that we know through adoption circles were going to the park too!
Seriously...a good looking group of kiddos!
We all grabbed some lunch at McD's and the kids were all so well behaved!
It was so fun hanging out and chatting.
Plus my good friend K brought some much needed rice cereal and diaper cream to add to our donations!
Hint Hint...get on it folks!!!
I can not WAIT to share the good news tomorrow about Leah...but I will hold off for now and explain why later!
Oh My Gosh!!! He looks so big :( I am so happy that he likes school :) I already miss seeing him walking in the halls saying "HI Ms Patty" with that GREAT!! Smile :)
ReplyDeleteKeep in touch
Patty Koogler