Monday, August 22, 2011

Pushing Forward...

I apologize for not sharing sooner...
Something in the back of my head told me to hold off...
Today we learned that Leah's Visa Physical is now scheduled for September 1st.
Not August 25th like we originally thought.
There is nothing more for me to say.
I am so tired of getting excited and being continually let down.
I want her home.
Now.

I used to channel my disappointments into buying more donations.
I even started hitting up my friends and family.
I now have 162 boxes of rice cereal and 53 tubes of diaper rash cream sitting in my house.
That's over 3 giant totes full (working on the 4th one now).
Going nowhere.
Anytime soon.
Hopefully October.
I am discouraged.
I am losing faith.






6 comments:

  1. Hugs to you Kelly! Serious HUGS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry. I feel your pain. I encourage you to read Psalm 37 and 94. I looked them up just now because I have been having trouble with my faith also. May you be Blessed by the Word of God.
    Oh, btw you've inspired my to give donations also. On Sunday, I asked my church family to donate. May the children be blessed.
    Hugs, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly I am so sorry. I totally know how you feel. My husband and I are waiting for travel call to bring our son home...our first child...we are so anxious and excited and this wait is killing us. One day we will be excited because we think the call will be soon; the next day we hear news that makes us think things are dragging again. I just don't understand why this is taking so long...it's very hard some days. I pray that all of these babies come home very soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kel...you know I am thinking of you. Soooo many babies are going to benefit from your generosity, you will be leaving a part of your heart and soul in Korea and Leah is the reason for that. You will have her in your arms soon. So sorry this journey has been so long, it's all going to work out.
    Big hugs
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have my greatest symphathy and understanding. Every delay is agonizing. We are finally travelling on Sunday after over a year since being matched. It will happen. You really are close. I can't wait to see Leah in your arms. What a beautiful sight that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there, I know it's hard on you, but be patient. One thing I would recommend is to not go onto the forums and read about other people's timelines. I know you get great support from the forums, but it can be very discouraging at the same time if you are comparing timelines. You can be happy for other's but it makes you so sad to see their progress.

    What a great response you have gotten with donations! Just be prepared for customs in Korea. Have a print out of why you have the supplies in your suitcase and put a copy in each of your suitcases. I've never been stopped in customs, but other's I have traveled with have. I've always had a copy of my itinerary and reason for the supply in my cases. Great response with the amount of cereal! I've learned to ask for desitin tho, way smaller and can get more into a case. Toothbrushes and travel sized toothpaste are great too. I put them into ziploc bags and that makes it easier to travel. Anything travel sized is great for donations.

    Again, hang in there. You will get the call when you least expect it!! And you know Leah is being loved by her foster family!

    ReplyDelete