So this might be my fifth attempt at blogging about the past few weeks.
Each time I write it out, something comes up, something changes...
I feel like I've been living in a bubble.
Leah has been been home almost three weeks.
I can not believe it.
She is amazing, funny, smart and everything in between.
I love her so much, I can not wait for the day she loves me back.
While my body hurts (from lifting and carrying two kids and sleeping on the floor), I'm insanely tired (as the girl does not sleep), and crazy busy chasing after two kids...
I honestly don't think I have ever been happier in my life.
Here is a summary and some photos...
Luke is doing well. Each day gets a little easier on him as he adjusts to having someone new to share the attention with. I have learned to go easier on him. He needs to know he is loved, and is not being replaced...Even though we have been using words like "Big Boy", its okay to have some cuddle and baby time with mommy...
Luke went back to school about a week after we were home. I was worried that he was going to be upset, but actually he was really looking forward to it. We don't have an option as far as keeping him at home as it is very important that he continues to receive consistent therapy to help improve his speech. Friday's are play dates and we had our very first outing together (the three of us that is) to the pumpkin patch. Thanking God for great friends, after my very first banner "oh yeah I have two kids" moment.
We picked out our Halloween costumes this year and Luke wants to be "buzz"! Option "a" was some scary guy from some Ir*n Man movie (which he has never scene and probably wont for a while), so that was quickly voted down by yours truly..
All in all he is doing so well. Much like most households where an additional toddler is thrown into the mix, sharing is the biggest issue. He is learning that if he takes a toy of hers, and she wants to play with it, then he needs to go get a toy of his and share it with her to play with. He loves her, I think he really does. I wish I could give him more mommy and me time...I pray that it gets easier to tell him how much I love him and how proud I am of him...
Leah. Wow...this girl is gonna give everyone a run for their money. She is beautiful to start with. She has an infectious smile and the prettiest hair every! Right now its very thin, and I am learning slowly how to style it. Key word...slowly. Poor child walks around the house half the time looking like a boy band member..
She did not take a pacifier in Korea. We asked her Foster Mother during our meeting and as she answered no, little miss promptly grabbed the paci out her best friends mouth and put it in hers. We decided to give it a try to see if it soothed her at night and to help stop the need to put everything in the mouth as she is teething something fierce. She loves it! So we are going with what works!
This girl is ACTIVE and on the go all the time! She is often bumping into things, so we have nick named her our little bruiser. The house was kid proof before, but now it has to be Leah proof as well. Nothing is safe!
She can also hold her own against big bro. She is a champion when it comes to fighting back!
She is also picking up on English rather quickly!
She will often attempt to repeat what you ask her to, and consistantly says two or three English words!
My sister and I decided to attempt to do a photo shoot of the kids in their halloween costumes...
yeah...better call in a professional next time.
Each day I get more and more amazed by these two kids.
Some days are good, and some days are not so good (and by 5 O'clock, it is often meltdown city).
I am incredibly lucky and happy.
Love this post and the adorable pictures! Big pat on the back mamma, it's hard but so rewarding! Awesome job! :)
ReplyDeletewe are right there with you-- from the wanting Jude to love me back to the sibling displacement. It's wonderful, the happiest I've ever been... and exhausting! Your children are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are going well. The first 7 weeks for us were very challenging and then it got better. *hugs* to you!
ReplyDelete