Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Christmas card photo quest...

I was seriously so pumped this year about sending out Christmas cards with the kiddos on them...
I have come to accept the fact, that it just might not happen...and I am okay with that!

Last week my sister and I set out to get pictures of the three kids together for Christmas...
I had the L's looking ca-ute and festive in their coordinating outfits!
Luke wanted to bring "woof" with him, and I had a pick your battles moment and let him join us.
So after trecking through the mall to head to our scheduled appointment, with "woof" getting a piggy back from Luke (and drawing much laughter from the on lookers), we made it to our destination with kids still dressed and hair bows still in tact!



We walk in and Leah burst into tears.
Poor girl, I think it scared her and she was just not gonna have it.
Totally understandable as a lot has changed in her life in the past two months.
Luke and Katie on the other hand were hamming it up and having a blast!

So we start to leave and the kids see a different studio towards the front of the store with props and the three of them begin playing and having fun!

QUICK! GET THE LADY WITH THE CAMERA!

The lady comes out and as soon she says something to Leah...
BAM, turn on the water works!

We start to bride her with cookies which she promptly takes and chews and continues to cry...
We (my sister and I) start dancing causing a scene, you know anything to get a laugh or a smile...
Well the only people laughing were the on lookers at the mall...

So we called it quits...

And thanks to digital fixing (trust me, it needed it...think mashed up cookie coming out of her mouth)...

We got this...


Which will NOT be in the Christmas card, but we thought it was hilarious!

Oh well...there is still time!
  
I can not believe how much each of these kiddos have changed in the past two months...
I will share more later!


2 comments:

  1. Oh but if you had only been able to buy the one photo with the unintended bad finger...Luke looks adorable...Leah looks a bit scary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Leah's death look. Sorry, but I guess one has to chuckle at it.

    ReplyDelete