I thought I would give a brutally honest update on how Luke is doing into his 3rd week of Pre-school. The first week the good bye's were easy. He wasn't thrilled, but the only tears that were shed were mine! Starting in the second week, every time we got to the good bye's it was "nooooo! mama! mama! mommeeey!". Go ahead adoptive parents, flame away, but I went ahead and left. However I stayed out in the hall to listen and sent other people in there to give me an update and each person reported that he was fine! No tears no crying! However, when I come to pick him up he lets out a scream and a fake cry the minute he sees me and starts running. There are no tears and he is happy but it is purely fake and filled with drama. I always ask how his day was and asks if he had fun and he says "Yes!" Do you like your friends? "Yes!" What did you do today? Every answer is fun and he always says he has fun! In fact he doesn't really want to leave! He wants me to stay and show me everything he did that day.
His teacher gives me an honest report on the day and how he is handling it and she says he does great the minute I leave the room! Loves music time. Always listens and follows directions and even goes pee-pee on the potty when he needs too! He also likes to tell the other kids what they should be doing. "Sit Down" or "shhh" or "come here", etc. He also really likes to share his food and toys with the other kids too! Today he wanted his friend A to come home with us! When we left he said "School Bye Bye" and waved good bye. He also said "Fire Truck" today when he heard the fire truck sirens as we were leaving!
All in all pre-school in itself is a good experience and he seams to enjoy it! It is also nice that the teacher is working with him on the basic 2 year old skills, such as fine motor, following directions, colors, letters, etc.
However, we have noticed a bit of separation anxiety in other areas that normally he was comfortable in. Such as Sunday School, Kids Choir, and visits to the Grandparents house. Right now were just playing it by ear and reassuring him that we are hear. We realize that this can just take time, but are also on alert to see if there is any improvement or change in this area.
Below are some random pictures over the past week or so.





No comments:
Post a Comment