I'm having a hard time coming up with a way to explain this without compromising our agencies policy on sharing details publicly and without compromising the anonymity of my friends who received great news yesterday about the forward progression of their adoption process (no travel calls, but none the less movement for them-yeah!).
Yesterday marked the 6 month point in our wait, since we first saw little Leah So-hyeon's picture.
One half year of jumping every time the phone rang.
One half year of my heart leaping out of my chest every time the little light on my crackberry lit up showing a new email message.
One half year of stalking other's time lines in hoping to get a grasp on when we might get the big TC.
One half year of waiting...
I know I sound like a whiner.
But never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be like this.
This long.
With what end in sight?
A month ago I thought she would be home by now.
Right now it is very likely that she will not be home this summer.
I have never doubted God's plan.
I still don't.
I'm just wondering what He is trying to teach me here...
Yesterday we gathered up a few of her summer outfits and toys and a cuddly blankie and sent a package to her and her Foster Family.
Luke picked out the sippy cup for her.
I'm praying she gets it by the end of the month.
I'm praying she comes home soon.
I know exactly how that feels! We sent a care package July 6. I was hoping that we would be picking her up before she received it. Hugs to you. I'm sending you an email. Christina
ReplyDeleteThis is the absolute worst for any mom! The worst, as you know. Wish so much for little Leah to be home with you and your family Kelly. God has a plan, and it will not make any sense any time soon. But keep the faith, one day you'll look back and understand. Great BIG hugs to you Kelly!
ReplyDelete